Saturday, January 7, 2012

What a day.......

Well yesterday morning I woke up pretty early due to the fact my dogs were going nuts.... This isn't out of the ordinary.. So for a little while I shut them out of my room turned on all the fans and put my head under the covers... This didnt last long... The dogs would not be quiet... Sooooo... I get up and try to see what's going on... Well... I look out my front windows and my yard is full of fire trucks, ambulances, police cars, and tow trucks.... (apparently I'm a heavy sleeper) a helicopter landed in our front yard as well... About this time I see a vehicle in our ditch.... About this time I get a phone call from a close friend that had already heard there was a bad wreck by my house... So I'm starting to put all the pieces together and it's just devastating...
A mom and her 2 kiddos were traveling down kibler road.. The son was driving.. As all kids can't wait to do when they get their permits.. I don't know details as to how the wreck happened but some how control was lost and the vehicle crashed into the small concrete bridge that goes from kibler road to mays branch... I can only imagine that it all happened in the blink of an eye... I have had several pretty bad car wrecks and from the moment you know something is wrong until the time the vehicle stops moving time seems to stand still... It's a really weird calm and just doesn't seem real.. It was unreal seeing this play out.. Seeing the ambulances leave and the vehicle slowly pulled out was indescribable..
I do not know the family personally... But my husband does and some of our very close friends are very close to this family.. From what we were told the mom didn't make it... Everything I have heard about this woman makes me feel like I know her... Ive read things that her friends and family have posted and this lady just sounds incredible.. She loved her family more than anything.. Her husband and kids were her life... I read a post and someone said she was an amazing soul that lit up rooms just by walking in them... Heaven was given a gift yesterday morning and they received a new angel... Both kids were taken to st Edwards I believe and later taken to children's in little rock... I believe both kids sustained some extremely serious injuries but were both stable last night.. I have heard other details about the injuries but I dont know if my info is correct so I'm just hoping and continually saying prayers that these kids pull out of this the very best they possibly can...
I pray for the husband and father to be able to find strength for himself and his kids... I pray he is able to find some sort of peace with the tragedy of suddenly losing his wife.. I pray these kids recover quickly and are able to just hug their dad and they start rebuilding their lives together.. I dont know why these things happen to good people when you least expect it.. No one deserves this kind of pain and sorrow... I will continue to pray for this family and just hope they can pick up the pieces and start again...
This whole ordeal has just really made me think.. I truly can not imagine going through something like this... I will be a first time parent this spring.. This baby is not even here yet but it's incredible how you find out your expecting and in that instant you know you would do anything and everything to protect your family... I am not the best at showing it or expressing it... But I could not imagine my life without Gabe and I pray I never have to.. I hope I can learn to not take things and people for granted... Tell people I love them and hug them every chance I get.. We are never promised tomorrow so I hope I can make the most of today..
Prayers & love for the Hogan family..

No comments:

Post a Comment