Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Advice & thoughts welcome...

Ok.. So ive been thinking for a while about what I am going to do as far as my work hours go once this sweet baby bundle of joy decides to make her grand debut...

She is due in May so I plan to take off the month of May and first week of June.. Im hoping she comes on time so I will have 4 weeks at home with her... I dont get maternity leave so this is just about all the time I can afford to go right now without working at all.. Then we will start our summer schedule and I plan to cut my hours back quite a bit through the summer schedule.. This will give me about another 7 weeks with a lot more time at home with our sweet baby...

The big question is what to do in August when my schedule gets a lot more hectic and I typically work alot more hours...

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want to quit my job... Some may think that is crazy but life just isnt fun when living paycheck to paycheck and struggling 24/7... I also ABSOLUTELY LOVE my job.. I genuinely look forward to seeing my girls every single day... I spend close to 20 hours a week with my kiddos and I some of them more than there own parents do because they are busy working and running siblings to other activities... When one of them is sick or hurt and unable to come to practice our whole team feels it.. We are a little family of our own... So.. Again.. I do NOT want to quit my job by any means at all... I just want to find a happy medium...

If I had a job where I could be home at a decent hour I wouldnt worry at all... But thats not the case when you coach gymnastics... The earliest I get home through the week is 7pm.. But two nights of the week im not home until 9pm and then one night I get home at 8pm... From what I hear those are sort of later hours for a baby... It absolutely breaks my heart to think I may not get to feed my sweet girl dinner, give her a bath, and rock her to sleep at night... On another note.. Gabe's schedule is completely  unpredictable and he never knows where he will be at what time.. He does not get off work at the same time each day so it will be hard to depend on him to be able to get the baby every day when I have to be at work in the evenings.. I dont know most of the time when Gabe will be home or even where he is working that day.. Its just the nature of his job and we have to learn to some how work around it.. But knowing that.. I dont want to have to rely on my sweet mama more than I already am and ask her to keep the baby every time I head to work and Gabe isnt able to get off work... My mom has already volunteered to help out so much I hate to ask her to do even more.. Shes a retired lady these days.. And let me tell ya that does NOT mean you slow down... It means she goes non stop twice as much and enjoys each day to the absolute fullest! :-) Shes a pretty amazing lady!! :-)

My ultimate hope & wish is that I will be able to get my girls in a little earlier so that I can get them out a little earlier putting me home earlier to spend my evenings with my little family... They are just little once and I dont want to give up all this time with her right off the bat.. But I also have to bring home a paycheck.. In a perfect world starting & finishing gym earlier will be what happens but who knows if thats even an option... I am getting a later start on this baby making than pretty much all of my friends and just about all of them have stopped working or just work part time now... Again.. I DO NOT want to stop working.. But even part time if Im not able to adjust workout times means working until late in the evening.. What to do.. What to do...

How did some of you deal with your work schedules and having a baby? When I am supposed to start back full time my little girl will just be about 11 weeks old.. Im brand new at all this but that just sounds like she is still just a little bitty baby to me.. How did you adjust? Any tricks and ideas? What did you do in the evenings if you worked later and your other half wasnt home yet to take over?

Any suggestions and thoughts are welcome.. As long as there helpful ;-) I know what works for one doesnt necessarily work for another but.. Its still nice to ask...

This is why quitting my job just isnt an option....













If you dont enjoy your job as much as I do.. You should really consider a career change!! :-) My lil girl has so many "big sisters" already!! Shes a lucky girl!!

On another note... Some sweet girls are throwing me a baby shower! Im getting pretty excited about this!! I think I am more excited about this than I was my wedding shower! Its just a different feeling altogether really.. But either way I cant wait!!!

Guess thats about all I have today.... What ya think???

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment